Friday 6 November 2015

How To Make DI Acoustic Guitars Sound Full [Tutorial]

Hey Guys,

Last week I posted a blog on mixing acoustic acts live, and my focus was on using reverb on a parallel track to create a resonance that emulated the sound of the body of a guitar.

http://lockyberesford.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/mixing-live-acoustic.html

I recorded this tutorial using Pro Tools and basic plugins to show you what sound I was going for and how to get it. This technique works great live or if you don't have the facilities for micing a guitar in your home studio. It's a fairly easy technique to get a nice resonance.



Comment below if you found this helpful or if you have any other techniques that get a great acoustic sound. I would also love to hear soundbites of what you've created. Until next time!


-Locky

No comments:

Post a Comment